+56 2 2434 1300
Dr. José Luis Aguilar 1178
Providencia Santiago de ChileChile
Established in 1993 in Santiago de Chile, Itasca S.A. (ISA) provides applied geomechanics services mainly to clients from the mining industry and project engineering firms. The office leads the Itasca services in all of Latin America, and its staff have a variety of skills ranging from field work to practical application of numerical modeling tools for geomechanics and hydrogeological consulting services. From the beginning of its operation, Itasca S.A. has provided consulting services to the most important mining companies in the region, including: all the Divisions of CODELCO Chile; Escondida Mining Co.; Doña Inés de Collahuasi operations, several Divisions of Anglo American, Southern Perú Copper Toquepala and Cuajone mines, etc. Itasca S.A. performs work in the following areas: static and dynamic stability of mining and civil slopes, support specification, underground pillars and stopes dimensioning, geomechanical characterization of rock masses, hydrogeological studies at conceptual and numerical levels, hydrogeological instrumentation designs and installation supervision, etc.
General management is under the direction of Patricio Gómez, a Chilean Civil Engineer with over 30 years of experience in geotechnical engineering applied to the mining and civil industries and with more than 25 years of experience applying Itasca tools on a variety of geotechnical problems. Itasca´s current CEO, Dr. Loren Lorig, regularly participates as a Principal Consultant for the consulting services of Itasca S.A.
The overall Itasca S.A. technical staff is comprised by 16 specialists in geomechanics and hydrogeology plus three administrative staff and one IT specialist.
- Stability Analysis for Mining and Civil Slopes
- Geomechanical and Hydrogeological Characterization of Rock Masses
- Rock Support Analysis and Design
- Design and Geomechanical Assessment of Mining Methods
- Development of Conceptual Hydrogeological Models
- Development of Geomechanical and Hydrogeological Monitoring and Instrumentation Systems
- Calibration of Stress Fields Based on In-Situ Stress Measurements
- Dynamic Analysis of Tailings Dams and Waste Dumps
- Sales, Training and Support on Applied Geomechanical Software
- Development of Numerical Hydrogeological Models